Monday, September 9, 2013

Biggest thrifting haul ever!

Happy September ! Can not believe we're approaching autumn! It's so hard to say goodbye to summer. In the northeast we seem to have such short summers and long winters. ;( Oh well, I do enjoy the four seasons. It's what my hubby and I grew up with and I want our babies to have it too! Speaking of the babies they are approaching 10 months! It's unbelievable! Baby Ella and baby James will be a year old in November. Time to starting thinking about birthday party ideas!

Let me get back to my love of thrifting! On Thursday evening, I generally check out Craig's list and the local newspapers online for tagsales and estate sales. I found one that really caught my eye, a church tag sale with brilliant pics of sweet items! I planned on making a stop at this sale! So time to share my haul! ;D

I'll start with what I thrifted for myself. Lovely vintage glasses, two sweet sets of four! They make me smile!

About a year ago I found a set of these drinking glasses in pink and white, so sweet! Here they are at Pink thrift http://swtvintagelove.blogspot.com/2012/01/pink-thrift.html

 

The remaining items are for my lil ones.

 

Love the primary colors for this kitchen area!
 
Sweet pull toys!
 
Love cloth books for the babes! Lovely stacking toys.
 
Look at this adorable lil bunny,has a zipper on the bottom. Ella and James love puppets!
Huge score! Gotta love fisher price!
 
This moma loves children's books and illustrations!
 
<3
 
Love maisy books for infants and toddlers!
Lastly
Thanks for checking out my blog, I love reading your comments!

Have a great week!

xoxo Carly

Joining-

http://tatertotsandjello.com/2013/09/link-party-palooza-and-barn-owl-primitives-giveaway.html

 



The Shabby Nest

 

 

6 comments:

  1. The glasses are such a score! But it was even more fun seeing all the sweet books you chose for your babies! Nothing better than books!
    Church sales are usually really good!
    Thanks for sharing with us Carly,
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love finding treasures that I can upcylcle. So fun!
    http://churchstreetdesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carly, I want to nominate you for the Liebster Award. You are probably asking what a Liebster Award is? It is a blogger to blogger award. Its a way of encouraging smaller blogs. When you receive it, you have to nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 Followers
    Come on over to http://churchstreetdesigns.blogspot.com/2013/09/liebster-award.html ,
    there are some questions to answer and then you can put the badge on a post and nominate people too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vintage glasses are one of my many weaknesses! I can't ever seem to pass them up if they are at a good price. My cabinets are overflowing with them. I would have grabbed those beauties too.

    You majorly scored on toys and books for your babes! Not only did you get an amazing amount of things, the stuff you found looks to be of major quality and not dollar store junk. That's definitely a sale you will have to hit up again if they hold it in the future.

    Thanks again for following our blog. I'm looking forward to catching up with yours too.

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hellooooo! Anybody home? Carly, just wanted to say that in my Easter Swap of 2012 you made me a beautiful tote bag, and it is well-loved and used daily. My Becky, 16, uses it for her school bag - just the right size!

    ReplyDelete